Viroqua Farmers Market Vendor Guidelines & Application
The Viroqua Farmers Market is a producer-only market, serving as an outlet for homegrown fruits, vegetables, cider, honey, sorghum, maple syrup, fresh and dried flowers, nuts, indoor and outdoor plants, baked goods, processed foods, dairy products, meats and vendor produced apparel, and crafts. The market is intended to give growers and producers of goods, and consumers, an opportunity to deal directly with each other, rather than through a third party.
The Viroqua Farmers Market will operate from the first Saturday of May (5/4/19) to the first Saturday of October (10/5/19). Regular hours for Saturdays are 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Guidelines Applicable to All Vendors and Products
(Please keep this copy of the rules for your records)
- The vendor is the person who owns the business and produces the products sold. A vendor may, at the discretion of the Viroqua Chamber Main Street, allow a family member to sell products in his or her absence.
- Only vendor-produced crafts and produce may be sold at the Market. ‘Rummage sale’ booths will not be permitted. No reselling is permitted.
- The Viroqua Chamber Main Street may visit the vendor production area.
- The vendor must carry appropriate Licenses and Certificates for the products they are selling. The vendor will be asked to submit a copy of their Licenses along with the vendor contract at the time of applying to become a vendor. Items that may require licensing are certified organic products, baked goods, processed fruits and vegetables, eggs, dairy products, frozen meat or fish, processed meat or any other processed food. Please submit a copy of all pertinent licenses when submitting your application, including all organic certifications. You must also have a copy of your organic certificate hanging in your space. In order to list your goods as organic, you must be certified by a third party agency.
- All produce intended for consumption must be well cleaned and kept in sanitary conditions off the ground.
- The vendor is the person responsible for their own product liability and product insurance.
- Vendor must comply with all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- No running of gasoline or diesel motors or engines except to move vendor vehicles into and out of their selling spaces. Small, low noise generator may be permitted with prior Viroqua Chamber Main Street approval.
- No loud or disturbing noises shall be made or actions taken on the grounds which will interfere with the rights, comfort, or convenience of other vendors or the public.
- Vendors will not be allowed to bring pets into the market for health and safety reasons. The sale or giving away of live animals is prohibited.
- Sampling Procedures: All samples offered by vendors must meet the following criteria.
- – Samples must be stored in rigid, covered containers until serving.
- – Samples must be held and dispensed under clean and sanitary conditions. (i.e. toothpicks for sampling)
- – All vendors giving free samples must provide a waste container in a prominent place for use by the public.
- Vendors are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous manner to other vendors, customers and Viroqua Chamber Main Street staff. Threatening, abusive or harassing behavior will result in a violation and constitutes grounds for dismissal from the market.
- The vendor must understand that the Viroqua Chamber Main Street staff is empowered to interpret and enforce the existing market rules and to approve or disapprove products.
- The vendor must follow all of the Market Rules. Three violations will result in loss of vending privileges or suspension from the Market, per Viroqua Chamber Main Street discretion. Fees will not be refunded to any vendor who is suspended or loses vending privileges.
- All seasonal vendors must be in their space by 7:15 a.m. on Saturday. All spaces not occupied by 7:15 a.m. will become available for daily vendors. Seasonal vendor’s who are not planning on using their space on any given week must contact the Market Coordinator at (608) 637-2575 or email: email@example.com, before 3:30 p.m. Friday.
- Vendors are not allowed to drive their motor vehicles into any given slot after 7:30 a.m. Driving a motor vehicle through the Market after the market has already begun is disruptive to the flow of the Market and creates a safety hazard. Vendors who arrive late may carry their items into their appointed space on foot. Vendors may not drive their vehicle in or out of the market from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. If a vendor sells out early, they may carry their items out of their space, but may not move their vehicle until the market is over.
- All seasonal vendors are expected to attend (20) of the Viroqua Farmers Market Saturdays. If for some reason they are unable to attend at least the expected number, and have not contacted the Market Coordinator before the end of the season, they may lose the opportunity for a reserved space the following year.
- Vendors must clean up their sales area completely before leaving.
- To ensure availability of customer parking, vendors must park in the designated area. Vendors are not permitted to park on Main St. in front of the market.
- Fundraisers / Nonprofit organizations are limited to two Saturdays per market season for each individual/organization, unless given prior approval by the Viroqua Chamber Main Street.
- Children of any market vendors may sell items that they have produced. These items are subject to the same rules and licensing (if applicable) of all vendors at the market. They may sell these items within their parent’s vending space or pay for a space (if available).
- Vendors are responsible for the reporting of sales tax.
- Agencies/organizations (nonprofit or otherwise) are not permitted to walk around the market soliciting signups, donations, petition signatures or distributing materials of any kind. Vendor or non-vendor.
- Vendor fees must be paid prior to set up.
- Photographs, including professional photographs, will be taken during the Markets to be used by the Viroqua Chamber Main Street for marketing purposes. By completing this agreement, you agree to have your likeness, business, and product used for/in any and all marketing purposes and mediums.
Vendor Fees: Seasonal Vendor: $200.00 (must be paid in full by April 10th,2019)
Daily Vendor: $15.00/day
One space size is one parking slot, approx. 10’4” x 12’ (some spaces vary)
Viroqua Chamber Main Street
201 N. Main St ~ P.O. Box 372
Viroqua, WI 54665
firstname.lastname@example.org ~ 608-637-2575