- The vendor is the person who owns the business / items being sold.
- ‘Rummage sale’ booths will not be permitted.
- The VCMS Team may visit the vendor production area.
- The vendor must carry appropriate Licenses and Certificates for the products they are selling.
- All produce intended for consumption must be well cleaned and kept in sanitary conditions off the ground.
- The vendor is the person responsible for their own product liability and product insurance.
- Vendor must comply with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. (e.g. cleanliness and accuracy of scale)
- No running of gasoline or diesel engines. (e.g. generators)
- No loud or disturbing noises shall be made or actions taken on the grounds which will interfere with the rights, comfort, or convenience of other vendors or the public.
- Vendors will not be allowed to bring pets into the market for health and safety reasons. The sale or giving away of live animals is prohibited.
- Sampling Procedures: All samples offered by vendors must meet the following criteria.
- Samples must be stored in rigid, covered containers until serving
- Samples of processed foods must be prepared in a licensed kitchen facility
- Samples must be held and dispensed under clean and sanitary conditions (e.g. toothpicks for sampling)
- All vendors giving free samples must provide a waste container in a prominent place for use by the public
- Vendors are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous manner to other vendors, customers and market personnel. Threatening, abusive or harassing behavior will result in a violation, and constitutes grounds for dismissal from the market.
- The vendor must understand that the VCMS team is empowered to interpret and enforce the existing market rules and to approve or disapprove products.
- The vendor must follow all of the market rules. Violation of the rules may result in termination from the market per the VCMS team. Fees will not be refunded to any vendor who is suspended or loses vending privileges.
- A vendor with a reserved space must be in their space by 5:30 p.m.
- Vendors are not allowed to drive their motor vehicles into any given slot or onto park lawns.
- Vendors must clean up their sales area completely before leaving.
- To ensure availability of customer parking, vendors must park in the designated area.
- Vendors are responsible for the reporting of sales tax.
- All merchandise must be appropriate for all ages.
- The vendor selection committee will meet in May. All vendors will be selected & notified no later than June 1st.
Not for Profit Guidelines
- Direct sale of general merchandise is not permitted. Self-promotional items reflecting your organization and logo (i.e. t-shirts mugs, pins, books and printed materials, etc.) may be sold with applicable seller’s permit.
- Any games or interactive activities need to be submitted with application to the Market committee for approval.
- Nonprofit agencies/organizations may not walk around Market soliciting sign ups, donations, or petition signing.
Vendor Fees: $25/market, due in advance and NON-REFUNDABLE
2018 Night Market dates will be: June 20th, July 18th, August 15th and September 19th
One space approx. 10’ x 12’ (some spaces vary)