Job Opportunity – Utility Clerk
The City of Viroqua is seeking a highly skilled individual to fill the full-time position of Utility Clerk. The Utility Clerk operates and manages the business office and financial operations of the Utility. The job requires specialized skills in accounting, customer service and management as well as knowledge of the operation of the water and sewer utility.
The Utility Clerk is responsible for managing customer accounts and payments, overall finances of the utility including financial loan and grant management, utility office staff, meter change outs and Digger Hotline locates. This position is responsible to report to the Director of Public Works, City Administrator, Public Works Committee and Council on financial matters of the utility. The Utility must ensure utility office is operating by rules of the Wisconsin Public Service Commission and city, state and federal laws
- – Degree or certificate in accounting or related field or significant accounting experience.
- – Work experience with a utility or government agency.
- – Proficiency with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook and basic office equipment such as copy machine.
- – Experience with billing/accounting software such as Caselle by Civic.
- – Must be able to maintain confidentiality with documents such as customer disconnection notices, deferred payment agreements and related files.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be performed on the successful candidate.
A full job description can be obtained here or by contacting the office at 637-7154 ext. 19, Monday thru Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.
The compensation for this position varies depending on education and experience starting at $18.00/hr plus a fringe benefits package including health insurance and retirement savings.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the City by March 7, 2017 at 4:30 pm to: Sarah Grainger, Director of Public Works, City of Viroqua, 202 North Main St, Viroqua WI, 54665, (608) 637-7186 ext. 20, firstname.lastname@example.org