Quality of Life
Viroqua Area Foundation
The Viroqua Area Foundation exists to provide a mechanism for people of goodwill interested in the Viroqua area to make donations for the improvement of quality of life within the area for present and future generations. The VAF has been designated a 501 (c) (3) public charity by the Internal Revenue Service and contributions are tax deductible as provided by law.
The Viroqua Area Foundation has done much for the community over the years, including facilitating such projects as:
• The Viroqua School & Community Sports Facility project is an effort to revitalize and update the Viroqua track, football field, tennis courts and surrounding area;
• The Temple Theatre in Viroqua is a classic 1920's style building that is listed on both the United States and the Wisconsin Registers of Historic Places;
• The Viroqua Community Arena houses a NHL size (200' x 85') ice hockey rink. Off season, the space is available for home and other types of shows, auctions, musical events, reunions, receptions, and more;
• Eckhart Park in Viroqua is home to the Enchantment Playground and also features shelters, public restrooms, a lookout point, horseshoe pits and volleyball.
• Many scholarships facilitated by the Viroqua Area Foundation are awarded to graduates of Viroqua area schools every year.
The Viroqua Area Foundation can be reached via email, regular mail, or by phone:
c/o The State Bank of Viroqua
Attn: Jim Hohlfelder
101 N. Main Street
Viroqua, WI 54665
(Attn: Angie Lawrence)
Financial support from the Viroqua Area Foundation aided in the renovation of Viroqua's Eckhart Park, shown in the photo at right.