Administrative Assistant Position Opening
The City of Viroqua is seeking an organized and highly motivated individual with excellent communications skills to fill a part-time position in the administrative offices of our new City Hall.
Key duties of this position include, but are not limited to: General clerical duties such as filing, scanning, supply ordering, answering phones, greeting customers, posting agendas, assisting with various projects and mailings. Assisting with election related duties, permits, registrations, payment collection for City & Utilities, website updates and scheduling. Assist office staff and other departments as needed with possible additional responsibilities to be determined. Other duties as assigned. Position reports to City Clerk.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with 2-3 years prior administrative experience and accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, WordPress and PowerPoint.
- Proactive, accurate, organized and detail-oriented person with above average communication and writing skills.
- Must like to interact with public and have good conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work with angry or difficult customers.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
This position has frequent contact with the general public/customers, and involves mostly sitting and computer work. Frequent use of phone and computer, occasional use of fax, copier and printer.
This is a part-time 28 hour/week non-union position. The flexible work schedule would be within the normal city business hours of 7:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. The City of Viroqua offers compensation starting between $13.00 to $14.00 per hour depending on experience along with some limited workplace benefits through Liberty National. There is a one-year probationary period. This position will remain open until filled.
Applicants should submit a resume and a completed City of Viroqua application form to: