Job Posting – Street Auxiliary Worker
Street Auxiliary Worker
The City of Viroqua is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill a full-time position of Street Auxiliary Worker. This position is for the Street Crew of the Public Works Department.
Duties of this position include, but not limited to: mowing, plowing, shoveling, grading, loading, brush pick-up, general construction, chain saw operation, crack sealing and heavy machinery operation. The employee will perform a variety of duties related to public works.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and hold a class B Commercial Driver’s license or obtain one within 2 months of start
- Capable of operating: skid loader, end loader, tractor and dump truck with related implements
- Able to work alone, unattended and in a team
- Must have good moral character with a willingness to learn and cooperate; must respond well to supervision.
- Being mechanically inclined
- Basic computer skills
This position involves heavy lifting (50 lbs), climbing and exposure to extreme elements. The chosen candidate will need to perform duties under stressful conditions. This position will require participation in the Commercial Driver’s License drug and alcohol testing program.
This is an on-call position that periodically requires working after hours, weekends and holidays. Snow removal season is November 1st to April 15th. The employee is expected to be on-call throughout this time. Additionally, there is a required 15-minute response time to emergency call-outs or snow removal.
This is a full-time non-union entry level position. The City of Viroqua offers a starting wage of $18.00 to $22.00 depending on experience plus a fringe benefits package.
Applicants should submit a resume and a completed City of Viroqua Application for Employment form by May 5th, 2021 at 4:30 pm by email or to City Hall:
Sarah Grainger, DPW
202 North Main St.
Viroqua WI, 54665
(608) 637-7186 ext. 20
The application can be found on the City website here or can be requested from the Viroqua City Hall by calling (608) 637-7522 ext. 17.