Fire Prevention Tips
Do what you can to be educated and prepared to prevent a fire in your home!
The top 5 fire causes are cooking, heating, electrical, smoking and candles.
Smoke Alarm Safety Tips
- Have one installed in every sleeping room, and on all levels of the home
- Having interconnected alarms; when one sounds, they all go off
- Test ALL smoke alarms at least once a month
- Know what is installed in your home- does the alarm sense for smoke and carbon monoxide?
- For those hard-of-hearing, install smoke alarms that react with strobe lights
- Every 10 years replace your smoke alarm
- Have a home fire escape plan prepared
What is a Knox Box?
A Knox box is a way of rapid entry into a building in emergency settings. They decrease the chance of property destruction and reduce work related injuries.