AnnouncementsSidewalk Hazard Program 2022
The City will continue with the sidewalk hazard program this year for the NE quadrant. For the past three years the City has been identifying the sidewalk hazards in quadrants, this quadrant will finish the work for this time around. Safe-Step, located out of Hortonville, WI. will be the company that will be identifying the hazards.
They will be surveying hazards and putting blue numbers on the sidewalk in the NE quadrant of the City.
When Safe-Step comes through this is what it will look like if they have to do a sawcut. A sawcut is when they have to cut a small piece of the sidewalk out and have to just replace a small amount.
This is what the sidewalk will look like if they have to replace the whole square of the sidewalk.View Announcement City Council approves new ward maps
At the City Council meeting on November 9th the City Council approved the second reading of ordinance 21OR005 which establishes the new wards following the 2020 census for the City of Viroqua. The ordinance below explains the new ward boundaries along with the map. The new wards will be in affect for the 2022 elections and going forward.View Announcement Administrative Assistant Position Opening
The City of Viroqua is seeking an organized and highly motivated individual with excellent communications skills to fill a part-time position in the administrative offices of our new City Hall.
Key duties of this position include, but are not limited to: General clerical duties such as filing, scanning, supply ordering, answering phones, greeting customers, posting agendas, assisting with various projects and mailings. Assisting with election related duties, permits, registrations, payment collection for City & Utilities, website updates and scheduling. Assist office staff and other departments as needed with possible additional responsibilities to be determined. Other duties as assigned. Position reports to City Clerk.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with 2-3 years prior administrative experience and accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, WordPress and PowerPoint.
- Proactive, accurate, organized and detail-oriented person with above average communication and writing skills.
- Must like to interact with public and have good conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work with angry or difficult customers.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
This position has frequent contact with the general public/customers, and involves mostly sitting and computer work. Frequent use of phone and computer, occasional use of fax, copier and printer.
This is a part-time 28 hour/week non-union position. The flexible work schedule would be within the normal city business hours of 7:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. The City of Viroqua offers compensation starting between $13.00 to $14.00 per hour depending on experience along with some limited workplace benefits through Liberty National. There is a one-year probationary period. This position will remain open until filled.
Applicants should submit a resume and a completed City of Viroqua application form to:
Lori Polhamus, City Clerk
City of Viroqua
124 W Decker St
Viroqua WI, 54665
(608) 637-7522View Announcement Friendly Neighborhood Reminder from City Council
Friendly Neighborhood Reminder from the Viroqua City Council
VIROQUA Wis., August 26, 2020
Please take some time during the next week to create neighbor-friendly sidewalks and boulevards in Viroqua by keeping the following in mind:
- Please water the young trees on your boulevard.
- Aside from grass, trees and mailboxes, only flowers and other non-woody plants are permitted in the boulevard space between the sidewalk and the street.
- Plants on the boulevard may not exceed 30″ in height.
- The full width of the sidewalk and street must be kept clear of all plant vegetation.
- Tree and shrub branches must be pruned to allow comfortable clearance for all residents, including the tall ones, to walk upright without ducking to avoid having an eye poked out.
For more detailed information, please contact the Viroqua City Hall at (608) 637-3251 and request “City Ordinance 12.12: Obstructing Streets, Sidewalks, and Other Public Walkways,” or go online to the City of Viroqua website.
Thank you for your cooperation!View Announcement